Monday, July 11, 2011

drink it: earl greyhound with a twist

I love Earl Grey tea. I drink it every morning. And I love gin. Who knew they could get married and make yummy drinks. I've jazzed up this old cocktail by using Earl Grey tea infused gin. It's so easy to do, and your friends will think you're really cool. This drink is perfect for sipping in the shade on a hot, sunny day, or serving at Sunday brunch.



Ingredients for one drink:
1.5 oz. of Earl Grey infused gin
1 bottle of San Pellegrino Limonata
A big splash of fresh squeezed grapefruit juice
Lemon slice for garnish

First thing's first:
Take 1/4 cup of Earl Grey loose leaf tea and a 750ml bottle of gin and steep for about 2 hours. I wanted mine really strong (I hate it when things are "infused", but you can't really taste it), so I went a little longer. Just pour your gin into a pitcher, add your tea leaves in a little disposable tea bag, wait 2 hours, remove the leaves, and you've got fancy Earl Grey infused gin. 

Now here's what you gotta do to drink it:
Fill a highball glass with ice, pour in the bottle of San Pellegrino, and a big splash of fresh squeezed grapefruit juice. Next add the gin. Stir or don't stir. It's really pretty to watch the gin (gets dark from the tea leaves) flow into the orangey-pink concoction. Add a lemon slice, and you're ready!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Yossy! I'm posting another yummy drink next Monday too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You didn't have to make this for me to think you're cool, but now I think you are EXTRA cool.

    That drink was/is delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    Thank you very much for your ideas to post comments. The contest was really very interesting.
    I am really thankful to you for providing this unique information. Please keep sharing more and more information......
    San Pellegrino Limonata

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...