Thursday, September 15, 2011

drink it: french gimlet

Alright, so if you want to get your party started, make this. And if you want to look cool using a martini shaker, well, make this. Let me a back up a bit. Last weekend I hung out with the funnest lady, Elisa. While we were gabbing at her place, I noticed she had the liqueur St. Germain. Intrigued, I opened it and took a whiff. Elisa was nice enough to offer me a sip. We didn't have champagne (the usual mixer for St. Germain) on hand so we mixed it with Peirre sparkling water. It was delicious. Like nectar from the gods. Like ambrose. It's sweet, but not too sweet. It's like honey, but without the after taste in your throat. I had to get a bottle (warning: it ain't cheap) to experiment with. It's like the perfect addition to anything that needs a little sweet kick.

I got this recipe off of St. Germain's website, here's what you'll need albeit, with a few modifications:
1 1/2 shots Gin
1 shot St. Germain
1/2 shot lime juice (about one lime)

Fill shaker with ice and pour ingredients in. Shake vigorously, you want to chip off little pieces of ice cubes. St. Germain says to pour contents into a martini glass, but seeing as I hate martini glasses, they inhibit exuberant hand gestures, I suggest a low ball glass. Add a bit of lime for garnish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...