Thursday, September 1, 2011

drink it: orange spice

My husband and I decided to throw back a shot of tequila during my last birthday. Instead of the usual lime and salt standby, followed by crazy throat burning, the bartender offered an orange wedge sprinkled with cinnamon to eat after. I was skeptical, but went ahead and tried it. The combo blew my mind. Thanks to the cinnamon the tequila flavor lingered, in a pleasant way around my mouth, and was almost buttery. The orange cooled my throat as I ate the wedge. Here's my take on this shot in drink form...



Ingredients for one stiff drink:
1 shot of tequila
1/2 can of San Pellegrino Aranciata
1/2 shot of cinnamon simple syrup*
juice of 1/4 orange
1 orange peel slice

*For the syrup, bring one cup of water, one cup of sugar, and 3 teaspoons of cinnamon to a boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, and let mixture dissolve and cool.

Over ice pour in tequila, Aranciata and syrup. Stir it up, then juice the orange directly into the drink. Stir it again. With a sharp knife, slice a section of the peel from your orange. Twist it, and drop it in. Like I said, this drink is pretty strong. Adjust accordingly by adding more Aranciata or less tequila.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...