Thursday, September 29, 2011

drink it: pear vodka two ways

I totally forgot about this bottle of pear vodka I'd purchased. I was digging through the bar, looking for inspiration, when I came across it. I knew I could build a tasty drink with this as its base. The pear flavor in this vodka is accurate and strong. I love it, and thought, why not two drinks? Two is definitely better than one.

Both drinks have 1 1/2 shots of pear vodka and a splash of soda water over ice. Drink #1 has a 1/2 shot of grenadine. Drink #2 has a 1/2 shot of ginger simple syrup, which you can learn to make right here. I can't decide which one I like better. Mmmmm.

A note on the ice cubes. Last weekend I got the coolest ice cube tray ever. It makes the biggest ice cubes I've ever seen, almost 2 inches square! I tried to put two cubes in each glass, but they wouldn't even fit. No more boring ice cubes for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...