Tuesday, September 13, 2011

snack time: super savory popcorn

I've been making this popcorn for quite awhile now. It's got three main ingredients, besides the popcorn of course. #1 is truffle salt. So this stuff is pretty expensive, but I've been able to meter it out and make it last a long time. I feel pretty strongly about truffle salt. As in, it makes everything better. #2 is brewer's yeast. I can't take credit for this discovery. Danielle is the one who tipped me off on brewer's yeast. Brewer's yeast is a super fine powder that you can pick up in the bulk section at Whole Foods. The best way I can describe its flavor effect on popcorn is that it makes it kinda buttery and cheesey without it being too heavy. It's so good I think, that I don't even add butter to my popcorn. Ingredient #3, rosemary, is a recent addition. I got this fantastic idea here

So pretty simple to make popcorn, but here's what I do. I use about a 1/4 cup of olive oil in a pan and add about 2 tablespoons of rosemary. Then add about a cup of popcorn. Pop it up over medium heat. Then transfer to a bowl where I sprinkle it with truffle salt and brewer's yeast. Bada-bing-bada-boom. The best fancy popcorn you've ever had!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...