Thursday, October 13, 2011

drink it: compari and soda

The first time I saw Campari I thought it was going to taste syrupy sweet. Boy was I wrong. This stuff is bitter! And is definitely an acquired taste. Most people turn their noses up at Campari, but I'm guessing most people haven't had a proper Campari and Soda. Campari traditionally is an aperitivo, a pre-dinner drink meant to open the palate and leave you wanting more. The first sip is always shocking, but gradually you'll find you want to bring the flavors in again and again. Now don't be shy, be brave and get some Campari.

Super simple to make... 1 1/2 shots of Campari, a splash of soda, and the juice of 1/2 an orange. And don't forget to sugar the rim! I used some raspberry sugar because I was feeling wild, but just plain sugar works great too.

2 comments:

  1. I've never tried Campari with fresh orange - sounds so refreshing, and looks so pretty! Definitely going to make this for my wanna be zisou husband.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...