Thursday, October 27, 2011

drink it: mexican mocha

I love me some Mexican hot chocolate. All the yummy spices are just perfect. Plus it's chocolate, enough said. But I've kicked up your everyday Mexican hot chocolate with a little something special: coffee vodka. By far the easiest infusion I've done, and super tasty. And don't forget the delicious cinnamon whipped cream. This has turned into the best dessert drink ever.

To make 4 mochas:
2 C milk
2 T cocoa powder (I used the dark stuff)
2 T sugar
1/4 t vanilla
a couple dashes of cinnamon and clove

Mix these ingredients together in a sauce pan over low heat. You really don't want to scorch your milk. Once this is nicely heated add 1/2 shot of coffee vodka to 1/2 C hot chocolate.

To make your own infusion of coffee vodka, combine 1/4 C coffee grounds with 2 C of vodka. Let steep for one hour then strain the grounds out with a coffee filter.

Lastly, I made the whipped cream like I would any whipped cream, but just added a dash of cinnamon. I might never make plain whipped cream again. It's just that good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...