Thursday, November 17, 2011

drink it: appletini

So the other day a friend came to me with a horrible dilema. She was faced with having to make appletinis. Apparently, she was having someone over who only drank these. When I think of appletinis, images of an unnatural bright green liquid come to mind, and I imagine a sticky sweet taste that isn't anything like apples. To be fair though, I've never actually had an appletini, and I actually don't think I ever will order one, unless that is, it's made a little like this...



To make the infusion chop up half an apple (I used Granny Smith because they are so tart) and pour about 1/2 cup of vodka over them, just enough to cover all the apple pieces. Remember, the finer you chop the apple, the more flavor can be released. Set the infusion aside in a cool dark place for 24 hours, and stir occaisionally. Strain out the apples, and you've got yourself fresh green apple vodka.

For one drink:
In a shaker full of ice pour in 2 shots of green apple vodka and a 1/2 shot of St. Germain. Shake it up and pour into a glass. Add a super thin slice of Granny Smith for garnish.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds amazing! I must try. Admittedly, I haven't had an appletini since Apple Cup during junior year... I bet that there are still bright green sticky stains on the carpet in my old apartment from that night....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...