Thursday, December 8, 2011

drink it: bloomsbury punch

I wish I could take credit for this concoction, but alas, I've got to give it up to thebar.com. I was in search of a hot drink for a crisp winter day and stumbled across this guy. It uses two of my favorites: tea and gin.



ingredients for one mug:
black tea (Earl Grey is recommended for its bergamot flavors, but I used Irish Breakfast. I think any black tea will do.)
2 shots of gin
juice of half a lemon
1 tsp sugar
a dash of bitters
lemon slice

Brew yourself a strong cup of tea. While this is steeping, grab another mug and pour in gin, lemon juice, sugar, and a dash of bitters. Top it off with the tea, but not before it has steeped for at least 7 minutes. Stir it up then add a lemon slice for garnish.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Eva, yum! I will be trying this come the end of my work day! mmmmm.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...