Monday, January 30, 2012

martha monday: the gold brick

It's no secret that I'm very fond of gold. And what could be better than a gold brick? So when I saw this little project in last month's Living, I knew I had to give it a try. To do this yourself, rough up a brick (I cracked mine in half) by covering it in a towel and wailing on it with a hammer. Next, just apply gold spray paint. Let it dry and done. Now you've got yourself a lux bookend. The only real problem with this project, to the dismay of my husband, is that I want to spray paint everything gold. I'm fairly certain gold spray paint is one of the best inventions ever, and that the little brown stool next to my bed would be much better in gold, to name just one.



2 comments:

  1. Hi Eva!
    Do you remember what brand of spray paint you used? I ask because not all "gold" spray paint actually ends up looking like gold and I LOVE the colour of your brick!
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Vanessa! It's Rustolium Speciality Metallic. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...