Monday, February 13, 2012

martha monday: gilded bracelet

I've got another a metallic item for you! Behold the gilded rope bracelet. Last week, while a friend was visiting, we had a crafting session where we made little rope bracelets. The best (and most time consuming) part for me was experimenting with different knot designs. In the end I chose a repeated figure eight knot. Which really just looks like a braid when you stack them right on top of each other like I did. (Oops, should have just braided.) I debated on wether or not I should even post this bracelet because it looks much prettier in the photo than it does in real life. But maybe you'll get inspired somehow from this and find a much better use for gilded rope than around your wrist.

Side note... I didn't feel like buying fabric stiffener as the directions specify. Instead I just used modge podge (which is just glorified elmer's glue) that I've had for over 10 years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...