Monday, February 27, 2012

martha monday: lemon pizza

My husband and I love making pizza, and eat it almost every week. Sam has an especially strong talent for making pizza dough. We're always looking for new ideas for toppings on our creations. So when I came across this recipe, I thought why not give it a try? Lemon slices might be one of the weirdest ingredients I've heard of on a pizza, but I've been pleasantly surprised before. And if Martha endorses it, it's probably pretty good, right?

Making the pizza proved easy and straight forward. Although the lemons look pretty, they were too tough to bite in half. (Maybe my lemon was old?) And once I was able to get a nibble of a lemon free, it was just too potent for me - this coming from someone who loves lemon on just about anything. I did find that if you removed the lemon, a light citrus flavored remained on the pizza and complimented it well. I'm not sure I'll be making lemon pizza again anytime soon, but it certainly was a delicious experiment, and I think it would make for a fun appetizer, if you are so inclined.


2 comments:

  1. This looks delicious, but I can definitely see how them lemon would be too overwhelming! My new favorite pizza topping (especially good with goat cheese) is thinly sliced purple potatoes. We make at-home pizzas all the time, too, they're delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love potato pizza too! So good with caramelized onions, but goat cheese! Yum.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...