Tuesday, February 21, 2012

snack time: savory mousse

First off... I love chocolate mousse. I think it might be the perfect dessert. This last weekend my buddy, Elisa, and I made some homemade ricotta cheese with truffle salt. It's incredible stuff, and not hard to make. I highly suggest you try it too. With ricotta on the brain, I wanted to see if I could make a little sweet something with it, even with the earthy truffle flavor. I knew dark chocolate was the answer, and it pairs well with creamy ricotta too. For one mousse, heat slowly 1/4 cup of ricotta, 1 oz of dark chocolate, and 1/2 t of fig jam. Once the chocolate is melted and mixed transfer to a little cup and chill in the fridge. Add rosemary sprig for garnish.


1 comment:

  1. Yummy!!! I've never made mousse! I'm putting this on my must try list. Thanks for yet another inspiring post.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...