Monday, March 19, 2012

martha monday: marshmallows

On Saturday a group of friends got together for a little cookout in the big park here in DC. (I love this park and walk here everyday with Max. It's like being out in the country, and I forget I live in a big city.) The weather has been absolutely perfectly gorgeous, and we wanted to take advantage of it. Well every cookout needs marshmallows for s'mores, right? And every cookout that happens to land on St. Patrick's Day needs green ones.



This recipe called for vanilla extract, but if I ever make marshmallows again, I just might experiment with other flavors. Almond? Yes. Rosewater? Maybe. Orange Blossom? Hmmm.

To get this lovely shade of green I used neon food coloring, with 25 drops of green and 2 drops of blue.

1 comment:

  1. this is amazing! I wish we had weather to even be outside! Lucky lady!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...