Monday, March 26, 2012

martha monday: zipped leather pouch

Confession: This is not a Martha Stewart sanctioned project. The only thing Martha about it is the paint. I knew I would find other uses for it than just these. I searched in vain for a craft project in this month's magazine, and on the website, but didn't come up with anything. I mean, who can't find a craft project from Martha? Oh well, it did give me the opportunity to make this sweet little pouch (thanks for the idea Baggu). It was either this or asparagus, and really the pouch seemed much more exciting.

If you're so inclined to make your own... Cut two pieces of leather into 6x6 inch squares. Round the bottom half of each. Attach to zipper, then sew pieces together with seam exposed. Last, paint pattern. 

3 comments:

  1. I really love this idea! I'm in need of a new small clutch/pouch and have been trying to also find some great DIY projects. Yours looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Abby! It was pretty easy once I had all the supplies gathered. Post photos if you make one too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...