Monday, April 9, 2012

martha monday: raspberry white cake

I'll admit, I've never been a huge fan of cake, but slowly I've been coming around. For Easter this year I decided to make a cake, and I thought I should go big. I was very excited about the prospect of making it from scratch and everything as I have only done this once before. But then I got stressed, busy and tired and used a box mix and just added raspberries. The meringue, however, is real! And was very fun to make, frost the cake with, and eat. I'm glad I opted for the box version because it took forever to bake four layers with only one cake pan. Duh. In the end though, I got a scrumptious cake, that even I enjoyed.


2 comments:

  1. thank you! it was yummy! wish you could have had a slice too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...