Tuesday, May 29, 2012

new york city in review

This last week my mom has been in town visiting me in DC. While she was here, we decided to take a little trip up to New York City. We had such a great time, and saw some amazing things. My mom had never been to MoMa, and I love going there! Partly for the art and partly for the bruschette at Cafe 2. The Frick Collection was an unexpected surprise. It's a former tycoon's residence on 5th Avenue who had a crazy collection of art. I loved seeing how they got to live. The house is like the New York edition of Downton Abby. Of course we got some shopping in too. I hit the jackpot at Uniqulo for cute and colorful pants. I'd never been to B&H photo, and it was cool to see it in the flesh. It was a dream to get to shop at Mood Fabrics. If only Tim Gunn had been there too. Thanks to Yossy for the Fishs Eddy tip. This is the cutest kitchen store. We ate at Eataly (great pasta!) and Tea & Sympathy (a proper tea party!) Clearly, not even the crazy monsoon rain could stop us. Our days were packed, and we had the best adventure. Thanks for the trip, Mama!


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...